Monday, December 16, 2013

What I Want For Christmas

In years past, I've so frequently had my eye set on the latest gadget.  I think there is something about Christmas that makes us do that.  I would think, "if I can just have this, it would revolutionize my life and things would be even better".  And two months later, I realize that the gadget is just another thing that takes maintenance or costs time or distracts me from the things I should be thinking about.  I forget that I have the greatest Gift of all, I have a Savior who loves me and cherishes me.......ME!!  That's crazy, I think to myself sometimes, "can Jesus really see all that I am and if He can, why did He choose to have mercy on me?  Yet He does and it isn't a glass half full situation, when Jesus loves you, He does it all the way.  I had nothing to offer Him, and He came and set me free from an eternal separation from Him.  Then as if that wasn't enough, He set me free from me, He changed my heart from one of slavery to one of freedom.  I am richest man in the world to live in the shadows of His grace and love.  There is gadget that man can make that could hold me like Jesus can, nothing even comes close.  He rules me and I love Him for it.
As I was looking through the Christmas ads this year, I recognized that none of the things jumped off the page and grabbed me.  This, however grabbed me and captivated me more than anything.  1 John 4:10 says,"In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.  He loved me, HE LOVED ME!!!!  What did I do to deserve this?  I was a rebel and I deserved hell and He out of His great compassion and love sought to bring redemption to His enemies.  I was this man, I was His enemy and He died for me.  I will never get over that!!!!  Therefore it is a overwhelming joy that I submit my life to Him.  It is with ecstatic praise that I worship Him.  In humble and bewildered adoration, I proclaim His great name.  He is the King of all and deserves everything.  I have nothing to give Him, but yet He takes delight in my thanks.  Oh Jesus, there is no one who is like You, no one can do what You can do and I love you. God has recently been showing us that He wants us in Uganda.  He has been taking care of details and financially even though I haven't been able to hit the road and do fundraising, He has been overwhelming us with prayer and financial support. This is what I want for Christmas.  I want everyone who reads this to spend some time alone with Jesus and just thank Him in the silence of 15 or 20 minutes.  Just spend time remembering how great He has been, is and will continue to be to you.  I want a culmination of praise to rise up before the King and glorify Him to the highest degree.  If you have struggled this year in your fellowship with Jesus, I want you to know that He searches the horizon for you and is waiting for you to sit and spend time with Him.  Luke 15:11-32 speaks of the kind of father He is.  You don't have to get clean first, I'm just asking you to go to Him, knowing that He loves you beyond your ability to understand.  This post isn't about Uganda, it is about you the reader and how Jesus knows what you are struggling with and He is able to free you to the uttermost from that which causes you pain.  Very simply put, for Christmas, I want you to have Christ and drink Him in and embrace Him in intimacy.  There is nothing that you have done that Jesus has not already paid for and He will gladly forgive you.  This year, for Christmas, I want your hearts to be free in Jesus.  I ask this because I am a man who has been set free and though I still live in a sinful world, I no longer have to be slave to those things. Jesus is strong enough to take it all and set us free and for that I celebrate Him.  May He blanket you with
His peace and you pour yourself out before Him.  Yesu Amala, Jesus is Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment