Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Micah Williams, Family Business

I have a friend (hard to believe isn't it) who I attend church with on a regular basis.  One of the things that I think is neat about him is that he and his dad are in business together.  His dad has passed down a lot of the wisdom of the industry that he has acquired over the years.  It is really something special for me to watch this father and son team work at something together because in it, I watch these two explore new areas of father and son bonding.
This has really resonated with me over the years because it is something that I want to do with my children.  I want to pass down something that they can really sink their teeth into and really own and watch God work in and through.  My desire over the past few years is really to get our family intertwined in the fabric of the Great Commission and watch as God reveals our current field and whether or not he wants us to move on to a new field.  That question was answered recently with our acceptance by World Gospel Mission to the field of Uganda.  So this evening, what I wanted to do was to turn it back over to the kids again, so that they can make this time of transition from the U.S. to Uganda their own.  I had an opportunity to interview Micah this evening and here were some of the results, Enjoy.




1. What are your feelings about moving to Uganda for a long period of time?
I'm excited dad, I am ready to move to a new school and play soccer and hang glide, I heard you can do that in Africa and I'm up for up.  I'm a little scared of the poisonous snakes and crocodiles and lions and under cooked food, but I'm ready to go, dad.

2. Micah, why is it important for us to go to Uganda?
    It is important that people hear the gospel of Jesus so that they can go to God and live with Him forever.

3. Why is it important to you?
    I want more people in heaven to live with, you know brothers and sisters for eternity.

4. What most excites you about Uganda?
    Starting a new school, playing soccer, getting a new dog and you said we could get an xbox when we got there, so we have that going for us.  Traveling with you and mom and Lexi and Levi.

5. Micah, if you didn't know mommy or daddy and God called you to Uganda, would you still want to go?
    YES, definitely!!!!
    Why?
    Because its God calling and He is the Ruler and I want to make Him happy.

6. What do you have to say from your heart to the people of Uganda?
    Hello, my name is Micah Williams.  I love to play video games, but I hear that the power goes out a lot there, so I am looking forward to getting to know you and playing with you when I get there.  I can't wait to spend time with you.  God bless you and lead you in the right way, from Him, through me, to you.

7.  Micah, do you know how much I love you and how very proud I am of you?
     Yes, definitely, because when I talk to you, you have this smile about you that let's me know you love me no matter what.  I like that.

8.  What is your prayer for Ugandans?
     I pray that they all turn to God and know Him, like we get to.

Thank you Micah, it has been a real privilege interviewing you today.  Thanks dad, I love you.

So this is passing on the family business, doing discipleship with our number 1, 2 and 3 disciples.  We don't do it in words, we do it in deed, hand in hand as we spread the Good News across Uganda.  Praise Jesus for the freedom that He gives and the opportunities He has opened.

May God bless you and open your eyes daily to the absolutely magnificent provision that He is lavishing upon us moment after moment.

Yesu Amala-Jesus is Enough

If you believe God to be a God of abundance, please prayerfully consider supporting us.  Below is our WGM link and we thank you for being partners with us during this time.

To donate online:  https://www.wgm.org/williams


No comments:

Post a Comment