Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lexi Rafiki Williams

I remember when she was born.  Alexandria Reese (after Reece Sorley) Williams was born at about 4 o'clock in the morning on November 4th, 2006.  I remember when she opened those beautiful big eyes and let out that cry and if truth be told...so did I.  God had created such a beautiful gift for Debby and I.  I was so enamored with her during that time and over the next few weeks, I just couldn't imagine it getting any better than holding her and rocking her and just caring for her.  Fast forward 6 (almost seven) years to Thursday of last week.  I came home after a very bad day and there sat my daughter on the couch watching TV.  I sat down next to her attempting to not disturb her show, but suddenly I realized that I had all of her attention.  She threw her arms around me and hugged me really tight.  It was as if the TV didn't exist and I had become priority one. As I talked with her and listened to her talk in that "gitty up" tone she has, I just realized that I was the richest man to ever have walked this planet.  Who am I that God would give me this lovely daughter who is just the apple of my eye.  Who am I that I get to be her dad?  Every time I look at her, my heart screams of my gratefulness for a Redeemer who wasn't obligated to give me her at all. None can match His compassion and grace!!!  So without further ado, here is the interview with Lexi Williams.

1. Lexi, I sure love you, tell me about what is on your mind as far as Uganda.  Are you excited to go?

Lexi: Oh yes Daddy, I can't wait to go.  Me: Why baby?  Lexi:  It will be neat making friends with people in Africa and going to a new school.  I get to meet a lot of new people and I like talking to people daddy.  Me: You don't say, I never would have guessed that. Lexi: hahaha, Daddddddddyyyyyyy.  Insert irresistible smile here.

2. What makes you excited about Uganda, Lexi?

Well, it never gets cold there and that means we can go swimming a lot, BUT NOT IN THE LAKE, there are germs in there that can hurt you.  I'm pretty sure they have snakes and spiders too.  I'm ok with that as long as they aren't poisonous.  Are there poisonous one's there daddy?  Me:  Yes, very poisonous. Do you still want to go?  Lexi:  Ya, I just want to love the people there, we'll just have to swim in a pool or something.  Me:  Always thinking from a swimmers perspective, I love that about you.

3. Do you know why we are going to Uganda, Lexi?

Yes, we are going to tell people about Jesus and how He can come in and save you and you won't ever have to be alone again.  They need that Daddy!!!!  You can talk to them Daddy and if that doesn't work, I can talk to them and tell them about Jesus.  Its important!  Me:  Thanks for having my back sister-girl, maybe I should let you talk to the people and I can back you up.  Lexi:  That is a good idea, Daddy!

4. What makes you sad about leaving Indiana?

No more snow!!!!!  I will miss my friends very very bad.  I love them Daddy!!  Then when I get to Uganda, I will make a bunch more friends and then have to leave them too!!!  I'll love them too Daddy!!  Me:  Being a missionary is costing you a lot isn't it?  Lexi:  Yes, but we still need to go.  Everyone needs Jesus.

5. What do you think God has planned for you in Uganda?

Well, I hope that I can read the Bible to my new friends and be nice and sweet and play with them. There is going to be a LOT of playing Daddy.  I can do that for Jesus, I can play for Him.  I want to be friends with poor children too.  Me:  You do?  Why baby?  Lexi:  So they can have someone to play with and we can give them stuff, we have a lot of stuff and they don't and I figured we can help them like that.

6. What is the first thing you are going to do when you get to Uganda? And don't say go see a hippo!

I am going to go to our new house, find a bed that fits me and sleep in it for a long time.  Me:  Really?  Why? Lexi:  Because it is a long airplane ride over there Daddy!!  Mommy said you are up for 3 days.  Me:  She exaggerates a little, its more like two days.  Lexi:  Well 2 days or 3 days, I'm going to need a nap.

7. What do you want to say to the Ugandan people?

Look out because I'm coming over there.  Me:  Look out?  Lexi:  hahahaha, I meant I was coming over to share Jesus with them, not look out I'm coming to get them, silly Daddy!  Me:  Oh, my mistake, you had a look about you.  haha.

8.  When would you like to go to Africa?

Can we go tomorrow?

I've always wondered what it would look like to have a family business where my sons and daughter take over for me when I am no longer able to run the business.  Lexi's answers are a symposium and culmination of everything that I have ever dreamed of.  I have three disciples that can reach people for Christ that I haven't a prayer of reaching.  God is generating this desire and willingness in their hearts and it becomes more evident every day.  I'm looking at my replacements and I am so grateful for them.  Jesus I couldn't have dreamed of better children.  Thank you that they are willing to go and minister in Uganda.  No one can do the things that You do.  Thank you for the overwhelming blessings, I could never repay You for all You've done.  Jesus both here and in Uganda, be at the very center of our family, because that is where You belong.   Yesu Amala!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment