Wednesday, June 27, 2018

He Heard Me


It is so difficult to fathom all that God has done in the past month.  In less than one month, we have moved out of a home in Indianapolis to Chicago.  From there we took 24 pieces of luggage and boarded a plane for Entebbe, Uganda.  We semi moved into a temporary residence for a week and then at the end of that week we moved into our permanent residence here in Kampala.  It has been a time of ups and downs and all of it has been wrapped up in the grace of God.  We have experienced the shock of leaving one culture and reentering this one.  Some things are amazing, some are difficult and that takes energy and time.  May I first say, that God has been so so good to us.
We made a deal when we first arrived and it is consistent with our family pattern; when people come to our home, we stop what we are doing.  Unpacking will happen and will take time, but people are far more important than straightening up the clutter.
One month ago, everything seemed so up in the air and we'd entered full chaos.  Even up to last week, we were living out of trunks and we were very unsettled.  Yet, in all of that, God secured Himself as our foundation and was for us a harbor in the chaotic storm.  The enemy worked and continues to work over time to destabilize and destroy what God has already established.  Yet, even in the uncertainty, God's still and steady voice guides like a lighthouse on a brutal night.  This is the time in which I am further stretched and I couldn't be more grateful for it.  This is the place that God has brought us that we might step out daily on faith and watch Him work in indescribable ways.
With every single encounter that we've had with team mates that we haven't seen in a year, students and families that we've missed so much and Ugandans that have stolen our hearts; we are assured and solidified that God is the One who orchestrated all of this.  To say that I am grateful is an absolute understatement.  We've left one family for another and while we grieve our loss their in the U.S., we explosively celebrate a much anticipated reunion with Ugandan family members.  We are not hurried because we remember our absence from their lives and count it sweet the time we get with them here and now.  WHO IS LIKE OUR GOD, TO GIVE SUCH INCREDIBLE GIFTS?!?!?!?!?
WASTING NO TIME
As you can see from the pictures, God has gifted us with some tremendous disciples and discipleship opportunities.  We have thrown open our doors and have welcomed so many back into home despite its unfinished condition.  We couldn't care less, we love them so much and find it an incredible privilege to love, walk with and serve and serve alongside countless students.  Even this Friday, we will talk with our local church about reestablishing our role in working with youth at the church.  We're wasting no time because tremendous resources have been entrusted to us by our Lord and we want two things.  We want to hear Jesus say, "well done, good and faithful servant.  Enter into My perfect rest".  We also want to do everything in our power to encourage all that we encounter to growing in a flourishing relationship with our Lord; knowing that no one gets to the end of their life and says, "I wish I'd walked less with Him".  Foolishness!  So what's next and how can we pray Justin?

Prayer Requests:

  • Vehicles in Uganda are VERY expensive and so we are doing everything in our power to choose wisely and honor the Lord in our spending.  Please pray that a suitable vehicle will be found for us and our ministry at a reasonable price.
  • Pray as we are daily reengaging with our students, their families, our staff, our team and the refugees with which we are working.  God has gifted us with MANY relationships and our desire is to walk with all that God puts in our paths.
  • Pray for Debby and I as we are balancing a lot with getting moved in, finishing my Master's degree, loving those abundantly around us and letting our bodies get used to the time difference and the change in environment.  Pray that God would keep our stress to point where we remain functional.
  • Pray for me as I get to go back to Nakivale in about a week an a half thanks to Alicia Searl (team mate) and Tutapona (an organization that is absolutely AMAZING!).  I am looking forward to reconnecting with our friends at Wakati Foundation and I'm praying that our week in the the camp will fill the needs of those that we encounter
Praises:

  • We have arrived with all of our luggage and God has given us the determination to hit the ground running.
  • Our hearts are full and we are burgeoning with excitement to continue developing our leadership team as well as loving and walk with all that we get to minister to.
  • I just can't wait!  I am writing this with tears in my eyes because everyday in the U.S. I asked the Lord to allow us to go back.  God has heard my heart and is honoring my request to walk hand and hand with Him to continue following the vision that He has placed upon our hearts.
  • We are vibrant again.  Not that we weren't in the U.S., but here God has allowed us to be back in our element.  I've never known a greater joy that hearing and obeying His call, EVER!
  • We received word of two more monthly partners that have joined our team.  While finances are always something that we consider, God continues to remind us that He will meet every need that we have and is fully equipping us for the amazing tasks ahead.
Let me finish by offering a thank You to the Lord:
Father, there is no one like You.  No one can do what You do.  I have never known a greater joy in my life than in following what You have called me to.  I've never known a more consistent and unfathomable love than the one that you relentlessly visit upon me.  I am undeserving of You and yet, you came and gave Yourself for me anyway.  You came with a love that turns enemies into adopted sons and daughters.  You are the only Warrior who can win that way.  Who am I that you would consider me?  My heart will ever respond with gratitude to know that I have been given the Greatest Gift that has ever been given.  I can never repay You, so instead, I will joyfully proclaim you throughout the world.  I will with every fiber in my being scream Your freedom.  May I be a living sacrifice that You would delight to walk with.  I love You and may all that I walk with know it full well as I am Your conduit to bring You the most glory.  Amen

Boots on the ground and welded to Him, 

Justin Ssemakula Williams 
missed this guy!

At O'Hare after the 24 bags had been checked and just before take off.  Those smiles say it all.




We were MORE than welcomed.  We never have to wonder if we are welcome here.

Through some amazing circumstances, an amazing God, an amazing lady and an amazing organization, we got to have coffee and shop with LeCrae and his wonderful mother, Ormie.  Thank you Trish Okenge.  What a HUGE blessing!











1 comment:

  1. This makes me so happy. We are honored to partner with you guys.

    ReplyDelete