Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Way She Likes Things


Nothing brings a husband and wife closer (in proximity) than a move.  It is commonly referred to as the marital gauntlet.  As you probably are aware, my family and I are deeply engaged in the processes of moving.  It most certainly can be a trying time and at the same time, it can be an amazing time.  Now, I won't be the stereotypical husband who washed a dish and wants the world to know about it.  Today, however, I did see a glimpse of God's fingerprints in my life. 
This morning, Debby needed to go and have some physical therapy done on her shoulder.  Yep, you guessed it, it's from carrying me all those years.  LOL.  Now over the twenty years of marriage, I've learned some things about my wife.  Yep, it only took twenty years.  My wife's level of stress is greatly GREATLY reduced when she has a clean environment to work in.  While I was excited about doing several other things this morning, I suddenly became more excited about her breathing freely in a clean house.  So I went after it.  I vacuumed, I washed, I scrubbed, I plucked....I plucked???  Whatever, I did the nitty gritty things that I knew she'd find so delightful. 
I couldn't wait for her to get home and be at peace during a normally stressful time.  Again, I'm not as excited about my work as I am about God's work.  Debby will tell you; I am a really selfish person.  Any deviation from that selfishness is a sign that God is moving and today, He proved Himself again powerful beyond all things.  I've learned to delight fully in His changes to my spirit.
I love my wife.  I love that God brought us together.  I LOVE our partnership and how He changes us and uses us to compliment each other.  I love how amazing she is and how persistent she can be on issues that I would otherwise let go.  I loved seeing her face light up and watch her be able to sit and drink a cup of coffee without a great deal of care weighing her down.  Lord, You were right when You said in Proverbs 18:22:  He who finds a wife, finds a good thing.  Debby, you are magnificent and I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else.  I love and like you just the way you are and I love the way you like things.

No comments:

Post a Comment